Monday, October 5, 2009

Difficult decks?

First I want to give a shout out to Right2goof and his encouragement to have me make non possible decks. I'll be writing blogs on decks that I took upon myself to make and see if they're playable in tournaments. Why you ask? I'm sure you get tired of seeing the same deck over and over again. On a scale of 1-10, you probably or already played that deck seven to ten times. Awhile ago, I went to a regional tournament in Sanfrancisco in 2008 with my Yubel deck. Thats right Yubel. The matches I went against were 3 gladiator beast, 3 lightsworn, 1 six samurai and dark control deck with D-Hero Plasma. My record was 5 wins and three losses. I lost to six samurai and two lightsworn decks. Surprised? I was too. From that day, I realized that you don't have to be with the crowd to have a good deck. I can remember when gladiator beast decks were looked down on because they did not have enough support, then someone defied those odds and proved they have potential. Now, everyone uses gladiator beast decks including myself. I still remind myself not to forget that I have other decks I can use. I'm currently testing ojama, harpie lady, batteryman and skull servant decks to see if they have a chance of being as good as the top meta decks like synchro cat, dark armed dragon variants, blackwings,(which won the florida shonen jump 2009) lightsworn and gladiator beast. This week, I'll post my yubel research and go over each of the cards so that you can have a better understnding of the deck. Until then, keep practicing and have fun.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to the data you will provide in your blogs to help players make better decisions on creative Deck builds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogging!! I ve linked your blog and will be looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you again, buddy! Well, I am in the business of helping others monetize. Let's catch up if you're in the area.

    Contact me at gtaketauc@yahoo.com and give me your contact info as well.

    ReplyDelete